Click here to apply to the Psychological and Brain Sciences Graduate program. Information about application procedures and deadlines can be found below. The deadline to apply for Fall 2017 was December 11, 2016. The deadline to apply for Fall 2018 will be December 3, 2017.
Admissions and Application Procedure
An applicant must have completed the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent prior to matriculation. The strength of an applicant's academic background and evidence of promise in graduate study is more important than the area of undergraduate study. If an individual has not been exposed to some background material, the student will be encouraged to correct these deficiencies during his or her first year in the program. Applicants must submit the following materials for completion of the application:
- A completed application form, including a concise statement of previous research experience and of research interests.
- An official copy of college transcripts from previous academic institutions.
- Results from the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The GRE should be taken no later than November, and the results should be sent to the Graduate Office. The Subject Test in Psychology is encouraged but not required.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons having knowledge of the training and experience of the applicant. These letters should be uploaded via the link above. Instructions are available on the page after you sign in.
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50.